Xtreme Electric PTO Clutches for Simplicity Mowers
Replace some PTO clutches on Simplicity mowers with the Stens line of Xtreme Electric PTO Clutches. These clutches make excellent OEM replacements on Simplicity mowers and can also be used to replace some Warner, Ogura, and Xtreme clutches. Reference the chart below to find the right PTO clutch for your Simplicity mower.
Stens Xtreme PTO Clutches come with a number of upgrades that help extend clutch life, including:
- Cool coil technology - runs over 20% cooler than competitive clutches. Electromagnetic clutches run very hot, up to around 220° F. Xtreme composite coils run around 175° F. Less heat means extended life.
- High temperature bearing upgrades OR FatBoy bearing upgrades - high temperature bearings use a special blend of grease rated two times more than what is required for extended bearing life. Since high temperatures and vibration are tough on bearings, all Xtreme clutches use this blend of high temperature grease for extended bearing life. FatBoy bearings have an increased size to improve bearing life. Since the number one failure in a lawnmower clutch is the pulley bearing, the FatBoy uses top grade bearings and a replaceable pulley bearing.
- Replaceable pulley bearings - since the pulley bearings can eventually wear out, the Xtreme design offers replaceable bearings (not all clutches have this feature).
- Super smooth "Xtreme Precision" machined pulleys - result in stronger, quieter, smoother performance, while maintaining stable and faster blade speeds. These type of pulleys are used on Nascar engines since they don't spread under load like cheaper formed pulleys. If a formed pulley spreads, the belt will sink deeper into the groove, lowering belt speed and slowing down blades.
- Integrated, watertight, impact-resistant wire harnesses - Xtreme clutches have integrated watertight connections with three layers of protection at the clutch body instead of flimsy plastic connectors with exposed wires.
|Part #||Replaces Simplicity OEM #||Replaces Warner /
|Replaces Xtreme #||ID||Pulley Diameter||Direction||Uses Belt Width|
|255-383X||21823 / 1521823 / 21823SM /
5021823 / 5021823SM
|X0165||1"||6"||Clockwise||1/2" or 5/8"|
|255-515X||1686882 / 1686882S / 1686882SM /
Fits 400 series, Coronet, Regent, ZT series
|X0002||1"||5 3/8"||Counterclockwise||1/2" or 5/8"|
|255-527X||5021145 / 5021145SM||Ogura
|X0616||1 1/8"||6"||Clockwise||1/2" or 5/8"|
|255-547X||1703816 / 1703816SM / 71703816
Fits 1613G, 1615G, 1613H, 1615H, 1616H,
2614H, 2616H, Broadmoor, LT, LTG, LTH
|X0185||1"||5 5/16"||Counterclockwise||1/2" or 5/8"|
|255-783X||1686880 / 1686880SM / 1687746 /
1687746YP / 1720532 / 1720532SM
|X0486||1"||5 5/16"||Counterclockwise||1/2" or 5/8"|
|X0487||1"||5 5/16"||Counterclockwise||1/2" or 5/8"|
|255-797X||1706692 / 1706692SM
Fits 1717H, 718H, 1720H, 2720H, 2718H,
2723H, GTG, GTH, Landlord series
|5215-22||X0174||1"||5 5/16"||Counterclockwise||1/2" or 5/8"|
|X0600||1"||6"||Counterclockwise||1/2" or 5/8"|
|255-827X||5100084 / 5100084S / 5100084SM
Fits 5900522, 5900523, 5900524,
5900525, 5900526, 5900527,
5900530, 5900531, 5900762,
5900764, 5900820, 5900821,
5900954, 2690479 Citation
|5218-221||X0245||1 1/8"||6 5/16"||Counterclockwise||1/2" or 5/8"|
|255-875X||5023432 / 5023432SM||Ogura
|X0613||1 1/8"||6 7/16"||Counterclockwise||1/2" or 5/8"|