XL2SW Shallow Water Systems by Vertex - Depths Between 4 and 8'
The Vertex XL2SW Shallow Water Aeration Systems are for large ponds and lakes that have a depth of 4 to 8 feet. All systems are available in 115v 60 Hz or 220v 60 Hz.
The Vertex XL2SW AIR1 Shallow Water Aeration Unit has one air station, a QA1 Quiet Air Cabinet, one 1/3 HP compressor with a 2.5 CFM (cubic feet per minute). The water lifting rate at a depth of 4 feet is 1490 GPM (Gallons Per Minute). At a depth of 6 feet, it lifts 2300 GPM. At a depth of 8 feet, it lifts 2500 GPM. Maximum 1 to 2 acres.
The Vertex XL2SW AIR2 Shallow Water Aeration Unit has two air stations, a QA2 Quiet Air Cabinet, one 1/2 HP compressor with a 4.3 CFM (cubic feet per minute). Maximum 1 to 3 acres.
The Vertex XL2SW AIR3 Shallow Water Aeration Unit has three air stations, a QA2 Quiet Air Cabinet, one 1/2 HP compressor with a 4.3 CFM (cubic feet per minute). Maximum 1 to 5 acres.
The Vertex XL2SW AIR4 Shallow Water Aeration Unit has four air stations, a large QA3 Quiet Air Cabinet, two 1/2 HP compressor with a 8.6 CFM (cubic feet per minute). Maximum 1 to 6 acres.
The Vertex XL2SW AIR5 Shallow Water Aeration Unit has five air stations, a large QA2 Quiet Air Cabinet, two 1/2 HP compressor with a 8.6 CFM (cubic feet per minute). Maximum 1 to 7 acres.
The Vertex XL2SW AIR6 Shallow Water Aeration Unit has six air stations, a large QA2 Quiet Air Cabinet, two 1/2 HP compressor with a 8.6 CFM (cubic feet per minute). Maximum 1 to 8 acres.
THE QUIET AIR CABINET FEATURES
Cabinet is constructed of aluminum with gray electrostatically bonded powder coating. Equipped with a stamped ventilation grill, engineered fan plenum, directional exhaust and two integral cooling fans producing 580 CFM to guard against excessive compressor operating temperatures. Cabinet comes equipped with Class GFCI protection on both the compressor and fan circuits. 2-year warranty on all cabinet components including compressor, cooling fans and GFI. Limited lifetime warranty against cabinet rust and corrosion.
- Cabinet aeration system.
- Class "A" GFCI protection on all 115V circuits
- Powder coated aluminum for a durable & attractive finish
- Two high capacity 290 CFM cooling fans
- Quiet operation with gasketed and sealed openings
- Easy access design with oversized lid
- Equipped with a barrel lock for increased security
- Easy plug-in connection to waterside electrical service
- Heavy duty mounting pad included
- 2-year warranty on all cabinet components
- Limited lifetime cabinet warranty against rust and corrosion.
THE BROOKWOOD COMPRESSOR FEATURES
Built for continuous 24/7 operation and equipped with proprietary Vertex SafeStart technology, allowing auto restart under maximum rated pressure without motor damage. Super-duty Brookwood compressors incorporate upgraded rotors, stators, valve plates, bearings and capacitors and are thermally protected, oil-free, and require no lubrication; just periodic cleaning of included washable air filter. Extended duty cycle is approximately 2 to 3 years for compressor maintenance, about 2 to 3 times the duty cycle of ordinary piston and rotary vane compressors.
- Full 2-year Vertex warranty
- Vertex SafeStart Compressor Technology
- UL, 115 volt, single phase, max 35 PSI
- Thermal overload protection
- 1/2 hp (0.37 kW) = low monthly electrical costs
- 3.7 amps and 4.3 CFM at typical 5.0 PSI operating pressure
- 1/3 hp (0.25 kW) = low monthly electrical costs
- 3.1 amps and 2.3 CFM at typical 5.0 PSI operating pressure
- 1 hp (0.75 kW) for exceptionally low monthly electrical costs
- 8.6 amps and 8.4 CFM at typical 10.0 PSI operating pressure
- 2-3 year extended duty cycle between scheduled maintenance
THE CoACTIVE AERATION STATIONS
Each AirStation consists of two self-cleaning, 9" diameter flexible membrane diffusers of EPDM compound with 100% rebound memory. Each diffuser station is equipped with a vacuum-formed HDPE base; sonic spot-welded to provide unit integrity. Base unit (17.25"L x 13.25"W x 3.35"D) has a hollow chamber design for the addition of gravel ballast and a lipped design to prevent settling into soft bottom sediments. Independently tested pumping rates provide confidence that system design will successfully provide specified oxygen transfer to the water body.
- Independently tested pumping rates
- Two 9" flexible membrane discs with Vertex MicronBubble technology
- Self-cleaning, low maintenance
- Rugged EPDM construction
- One vacuum-formed and sonic welded HDPE base unit
- Lipped edge prevents sinking into soft bottom sediments
- Five-year warranty
BOTTOMLINE AIR SUPPLY TUBING
Self-weighted, direct burial submersible tubing for connection from compressor to diffuser stations. Tubing is flexible PVC composite construction for use with standard PVC solvent weld cement and 0.5" insert fittings. Tubing has a smooth walled, 0.58" I.D. for extra high flow rates with minimum pressure loss to reduce backpressure and extend compressor life. 0.235" tube wall thickness provides long-term durability and protection against kinking and punctures. BottomLine tubing remains flexible in cold temperatures for easy year round installations..
- Oversized 0.58" ID for high flow rates
- Heavy duty wall thickness (0.235") for durability
- Suitable for use with all Vertex AirStations
- 15-year Vertex warranty
- Self-weighted for fast & easy installation
- Available in 100' and 500' increments.
- Independently tested pumping rates