XL2 Systems by Vertex - Depths Between 9 and 20'
The Vertex XL2 Aeration Systems are for large ponds and lakes that have a depth of 9 to 20 feet. All systems are available in 115v 60 Hz or 220v 60 Hz.
The Vertex XL2 AIR1 Aeration Unit has one air station, a QA1 Quiet Air Cabinet, one 1/3 HP compressor with a 2.5 CFM (cubic feet per minute). The water lifting rate at a depth of 10 feet is 3200 GPM (Gallons Per Minute). At a depth of 16 feet, it lifts 4500 GPM. At a depth of 20', it lifts 4700 GPM. Maximum 1 to 2 acres. Includes one 100' length of weighted hose.
The Vertex XL2 AIR2 Aeration Unit has two air stations, a QA2 Quiet Air Cabinet, one 1/2 HP compressor with a 4.3 CFM (cubic feet per minute). Maximum 1 to 3 acres. Includes two& 100' lengths of weighted hose.
The Vertex XL2 Air 3 Aeration Unit has three air stations, a QA2 Quiet Air Cabinet, one 1/2 HP compressor with a 4.3 CFM (cubic feet per minute). Maximum 1 to 5 acres. Includes three 100' lengths of weighted hose.
The Vertex XL2Air 4 Aeration Unit has four air stations, a large QA3 Quiet Air Cabinet, two 1 HP compressor with a 8.6 CFM (cubic feet per minute). Maximum 1 to 6 acres. Includes four 100' lengths of weighted hose.
The Vertex XL2 Air 5 Aeration Unit has five air stations, a large QA3 Quiet Air Cabinet, two 1 HP compressor with a 8.6 CFM (cubic feet per minute). Maximum 1 to 7 acres. Includes five 100' lengths of weighted hose.
The Vertex XL2 Air 6 Aeration Unit has six air stations, a large QA3 Quiet Air Cabinet, two 1 HP compressor with a 8.6 CFM (cubic feet per minute). Maximum 1 to 8 acres. Includes six 100' lengths of weighted hose.
Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery as these Aerators are made to order.
THE IMPORTANCE OF AERATION:
Layers of water form one above another in a stratified nature. This occurs during certain times of the year. Warmer, oxygen-rich water develops near the surface while cooler, nutrient laden and oxygen deficient water forms near the bottom.
This pond aeration system is the perfect solution for improving water quality in golf course water hazards, retention ponds and larger bodies of water where the water depth exceeds a couple of feet. In contrast to floating fountains, bottom aerators such as the Lake - Pond Aeration System aerate the entire depth of the pond, not just the upper layer of water near the surface. These pond aerators add oxygen at the bottom of your lake or pond where it is often deficient, and the column of upward moving water and oxygen eliminates stratification of the water resulting in control of algae, muck, foul odors and murky water.
THE QUIET AIR CABINET:
Cabinet is constructed of aluminum with grey electrostatically bonded powder coating. Equipped with a stamped ventilation grill, engineered fan plenum, directional exhaust and two integral cooling fans producing 580 CFM to guard against excessive compressor operating temperatures. Cabinet comes equipped with Class GFCI protection on both the compressor and fan circuits. Two-year warranty on all cabinet components including compressor, cooling fans and GFI. Limited lifetime warranty against cabinet rust and corrosion.
CABINET AERATION SYSTEM:
- Class "A" GFCI protection on all 115V circuits
- Powder coated aluminum for a durable and attractive finish
- Two high capacity 290 CFM cooling fans
- Quiet operation with gasketed and sealed openings
- Easy access design with oversized lid
- Equipped with a barrel lock for increased security
- Easy plug-in connection to waterside electrical service
- Heavy duty mounting pad included
- 2-year warranty on all cabinet components
- Limited lifetime cabinet warranty against rust and corrosion
THE BROOKWOOD COMPRESSOR:
Built for continuous 24/7 operation and equipped with proprietary Vertex SafeStart technology, allowing auto restart under maximum rated pressure without motor damage. Super-duty Brookwood compressors incorporate upgraded rotors, stators, valve plates, bearings and capacitors and are thermally protected, oil-free, and require no lubrication; just periodic cleaning of included washable air filter. Extended duty cycle is approximately 2 to 3 years for compressor maintenance, about 2 to 3 times the duty cycle of ordinary piston and rotary vane compressors.
- Full 2-year Vertex warranty
- Vertex SafeStart Compressor Technology
- UL, 115 volt, single phase, max 35 PSI
- Thermal overload protection
- 1/2 hp (0.37 kW) = low monthly electrical costs
- 3.7 amps and 4.3 CFM at typical 5.0 PSI operating pressure
- 1/3 hp (0.25 kW) = low monthly electrical costs
- 3.1 amps and 2.3 CFM at typical 5.0 PSI operating pressure
- 1 hp (0.75 kW) for exceptionally low monthly electrical costs
- 8.6 amps and 8.4 CFM at typical 10.0 PSI operating pressure
- 2-3 year extended duty cycle between scheduled maintenance
THE CO-ACTIVE AERATION STATIONS:
Each AirStation consists of two self-cleaning, 9" diameter flexible membrane diffusers of EPDM compound with 100% rebound memory. Each diffuser station is equipped with a vacuum-formed HDPE base; sonic spot-welded to provide unit integrity. Base unit (17.25"L x 13.25"W x 3.35"D) has a hollow chamber design for the addition of gravel ballast and a lipped design to prevent settling into soft bottom sediments. Independently tested pumping rates provide confidence that system design will successfully provide specified oxygen transfer to the water body.
- Independently tested pumping rates
- Two 9" flexible membrane discs with Vertex MicronBubble technology
- Self-cleaning, low maintenance
- Rugged EPDM construction
- One vacuum-formed and sonic welded HDPE base unit
- Lipped edge prevents sinking into soft bottom sediments
- Five-year warranty
BOTTOMLINE AIR SUPPLY TUBING:
Self-weighted, direct burial submersible tubing for connection from compressor to diffuser stations. Tubing is flexible PVC composite construction for use with standard PVC solvent weld cement and 0.5" insert fittings. Tubing has a smooth walled, 0.58" I.D. for extra high flow rates with minimum pressure loss to reduce backpressure and extend compressor life. 0.235" tube wall thickness provides long-term durability and protection against kinking and punctures. BottomLine tubing remains flexible in cold temperatures for easy year round installations.
- Oversized 0.58" ID for high flow rates
- Heavy duty wall thickness (0.235") for durability
- Suitable for use with all Vertex AirStations
- 15-year Vertex warranty
- Self-weighted for fast & easy installation
- Available in 100' and 500' increments