Woodman's Pal Machete - Premium - Leather Handle with Knuckle Guard
Handcrafted to military specs "LC-14-B" in the USA since World War 2, the Woodman's Pal Premium with Leather Handle and Steel Knuckle Guard (# 284) is the world's finest all-in-one machete used to clear brush, blaze trails, thin, trim, chop, prune, build, and much more.
Introduced in 1941, the Woodman's Pal has been used ever since by forest and land managers, surveyors, campers, hunters, adventurers, and horticultural and country gardeners. It was US military standard issue from World War 2 through to Desert Storm.
With its lightweight design and unique forward weight blade, the Woodsman's Pal Premium Machete is perfectly balanced for an efficient, accurate, and comfortable swinging motion. This enables the Woodman's Pal to be extremely versatile in the field, allowing it to serve a multitude of purposes. Some of these include clearing brush, cutting stakes, cutting overhead branches, cutting fine brush, cutting posts and rails, cutting and trimming felled trees, cutting kindling and firewood, chopping, pruning, splitting, blazing, building, emergency spade and trenching tool, and much more.
The unique leather handle features 32 tightly compressed and stacked leather washers and a semi-rough texture for maximum comfort. The powder coated steel knuckle guard provides added protection while in use. The precision laser cut blade atop the handle has been forged in fire (treated up to 1500° F) and hand sharpened by craftsman in Pennsylvania.
Complete order includes Woodman's Pal Premium with Leather Handle and Steel Knuckle Guard, leather sheath, sharpening stone, sticker, and reprints of the original owner's manuals from the 1940s.
The leather sheath is handmade and hand stitched by Amish craftsmen in Pennsylvania. It is made with bridle-quality leather and treated with an oil preservative. Includes belt loop and brass snaps.
- Overall Length: 17"
- Cutting Area: 10.5"
- Sickle Hook: 2.5" chisel sharp
- Chops up to 1 1/2″ diameter saplings with single stroke
- Blade: Precision laser cut, forged in fire (treated up to 1500° F), solar matte powder coated finish, individually hand sharpened, 0.110" thick
- Military-style leather handle grip with a powder coated steel knuckle guard for added protection
- Straight edge with hook for limbing
- Compact and superbly balanced, this hatchet/machete is an extension rather than a burden to your arm
- Includes leather sheath, sharpening stone, sticker, and original 1940s owner's manual reprints
- Handcrafted in Pennsylvania, USA