Woodman's Pal Machete - Standard - Wooden Handle with Finger Grooves
Never go outdoors again without this trusty Woodman's Pal with Wooden Handle and Finger Grooves (# 481) by your side.
An outdoorsman's best friend, the Woodman's Pal Standard is the ultimate all-in-one machete used for clearing brush, blazing trails, thinning, trimming, chopping, pruning, building, and much more.
Handcrafted to military specs "LC-14-B" in the USA since World War 2, the Woodman's Pal has been used ever since by forest and land managers, surveyors, campers, adventurers, and horticultural and country gardeners. It was US military standard issue from World War 2 through to Desert Storm.
A lightweight design combined with a unique forward weight blade enables the Woodsman's Pal Standard Machete to have the perfect balance for an efficient, accurate, and comfortable swinging motion. Extremely versatile in the field, the Woodman's Pal serves a multitude of purposes, including clearing brush, cutting stakes, cutting overhead branches, cutting fine brush, cutting posts and rails, cutting and trimming felled trees, cutting kindling and firewood, chopping, pruning, splitting, blazing, building, emergency spade and trenching tool, and much more.
The ash wood handle, which is handmade by Amish craftsman, features a urethane coating for protection and finger grooves for a more secure and relaxed grip. The handle is attached with threaded standoffs and solid brass screws. It has been slightly lengthened for multiple hand positions and so more torque is provided when chopping. The precision laser cut blade atop the handle has been forged in fire (treated up to 1500° F) and hand sharpened by craftsman in Pennsylvania.
Complete order includes Woodman's Pal Standard with Ash Wood Handle and Finger Grooves, leather sheath, sharpening stone, sticker, and reprints of the original owner's manuals from the 1940s.
The leather sheath is handmade and hand stitched by Amish craftsmen in Pennsylvania. It is made with bridle-quality leather and treated with an oil preservative. Includes belt loop and brass snaps.
- Overall Length: 17"
- Cutting Area: 10.5"
- Sickle Hook: 2.5" chisel sharp
- Chops up to 1 1/2″ diameter saplings with single stroke
- Blade: Precision laser cut, forged in fire (treated up to 1500° F), solar matte powder coated finish, individually hand sharpened, 0.110" thick
- Ash wooden handle with finger grooves is attached with threaded standoffs and solid brass screws ; with leather wrist strap
- Straight edge with hook for limbing
- Compact and superbly balanced, this hatchet/machete is an extension rather than a burden to your arm
- Weight: 1.3 lb.
- Includes leather sheath, sharpening stone, sticker, and reprints of original 1940s owner's manuals
- Handcrafted in Pennsylvania, USA