Fiskars Soil Block Maker
The Fiskars Soil Block Maker (# 340120-1001) is a unique seed planting tool that is used to create starting soil blocks for seeds, which generate healthier seedlings and reduce the need for disposable seed starter trays and pods.
The benefit of using soil blocks is that they help encourage strong and healthier root systems by means of natural air pruning while preventing young plants from becoming root bound. This helps reduce transplant shock, while providing more efficient water and nutrient uptake when plants are relocated outdoors.
The robust structure of the Fiskars Soil Block Maker provides proper compression of seed-starting soil, ensuring that each soil block has the correct amount of air, moisture, and consistency.
How to use the Fiskars Soil Block Maker:
- Remove the small block maker.
- Scoop the soil into the block.
- Pack tightly until water seeps out.
- Press the plunger and lift to eject the soil block onto a tray.
- Place seed in divot and cover with soil.
- Create one 3.5" block for larger seeds and plants, or four 1" soil blocks for smaller plants.
- Water from the roots up.
- Creates seed-starting soil blocks
- Helps produce healthier seedlings
- Reduces the need for disposable seed starter trays and pods
- One 3.5" soil block is recommended for larger seeds and plants
- Four 1" soil blocks are recommended for smaller plants
- Hole at top of each block for easy, optimal seed placement and depth