Brine Maker 450 US Gallon
Now you can easily create your own brine using rock salt and water with the BM-450 Brine Maker.
All that is required of you is to add your own rock salt and water to the tank and in just 30 minutes you will have 23.3 % salt brine. Approximately 2.288 pounds (1 kg) of salt will create 1 US gallon (3.8 L) of 23.3 % sodium chloride brine. Up to 1700 L (450 US gallongs / 375 imperial gallons) of salt brine can be generated with the BM-450 Brine Maker.
The BM-450 is a dual tank unit with one 1140 L mixing tank and one 1140 L brine tank. Its 2" (5 cm) poly pump and 900 Series Briggs & Stratton engine (which powers the pump) are both mounted on a retractable tray. Rock salt is dissolved via powerful jets inside the poly tank. The finished product will flow over to the second tank when complete. Included is a hydrometer to test out the finished product.
One of the benefits to creating your own salt brine is it will literally cost you 10 cents per gallon (3.8 L), a fraction of what it would normally cost you if you buy bulk liquid brine.
How to use: add your rock salt and water to the tank. Turn on the unit and leave running until your brine reaches 23.3 %. The finished product will flow over to the second tank when complete. Then pump it to your storage tank or de-icing unit.
- Perfect for use with bagged, bulk, or sea salt.
- Overall Dimensions: 104" L with engine tray out, 92" L with engine tray stored away x 82" W x 51" H (264 cm with engine tray out, 234 cm with engine tray stored away x 208 cm x 130 cm)
- Empty Weight: 760 lb (345 kg)
- Unloading / transfer hose not included.
Two Models are Available
- BM-450 Brine Maker includes dual tanks and a 2" (5 cm) gas-powered pump.
- BM-450-E Brine Maker is the same as above but instead includes a 220 V single-phase electric motor instead of gas engine.